Social Icons

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Almond facial scrub

I love using ground almonds as an exfoliant. They remove dead skin, while leaving the skin soft and silky. The almond oil is great for your skin.

I had a bag of Bob's Red Mill almond flour that I really loved. I kept it in the freezer to keep it fresh. I would take a little out once in a while & mix it with a few drops of water and rub lightly on my face. Then my husband decided it was too old to eat, so he threw it in the garbage. He didn't understand why I was so upset that it was gone. I don't like waste; I can usually find a use for fruits & veggies that are turning. Bananas that are going a little soft and brown that no one wants to eat are good for face masks. I have a cucumber that's been in the fridge just a little too long that will be good for my eyes. When I was a teenager, my mom couldn't stand for me to waste perfectly good food by smearing it on my face. So that thriftiness remains with me today.

Since my pre-ground almonds were gone, I thought I could grind some myself. I had a bag of stale almonds that no one in my house wanted to eat. I don't have a food processor, but I thought a blender or coffee grinder would work. I ended up with almond butter smeared inside my coffee grinder...yuck. I think I kept the grinder going too long. Anyhow, I decided to try the chunky buttery mixture for a mask. It worked pretty nicely. My skin was quite soft and smooth afterwards. You really can't beat pre-ground almonds.

No comments:

Post a Comment