Social Icons

Thursday, October 1, 2009

About Me



I've been blogging for several years on various topics, mostly beauty and health related topics. I'm a mother of two young boys, a writer, and I've been a 911 operator/public safety dispatcher.  I'm now trying to age gracefully and coming to terms with the fact I'm not 25 anymore.

As a teen I wanted to be "beautiful" and glamorous like the women in the magazines. I read every book on beauty, make-up, and hair that the local library had. It took me a few years, but I finally realized that real beauty starts on the inside. Being well groomed is important, but even more so is what is on the inside of a person.

I like make-up and girlie stuff. I've tried to live a "green" lifestyle and avoid artificial ingredients as much as possible. However, I must admit that my bank account rules most of the time, and sometimes the less expensive products win.  but I've made the move to try to be as free of artificial ingredients as possible.  Affordability is really important to me.

Lately I've been turning to less glamorous household duties like trying to figure out how to get rid of fruit flies and how to unclog a drain without harsh chemicals. I'm trying to give up chemicals in my daily routine in both cosmetics and for household cleaning. I love baking soda, vinegar, and borax. They are so versatile!

I'm learning how to feed a family nutritious and wholesome meals on a budget. For years I was hooked on pre-prepared frozen meals, the grocery store deli, and fast food. I also was tired, suffered depression, and generally felt bad. Last year I visited a naturopathic doctor and decided to change my eating habits. What a person eats really does affect how a person feels. The experience was difficult for me because I've never liked cooking.



Questions or comments? feel free to e-mail me at lamongelolane@comcast.net









No comments:

Post a Comment