Social Icons

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Schick Hydro Silk Sensitve Care Razor Review

Thanks to BzzAgent, I was given an opportunity to review a complimentary Schick Hydro Silk Sensitive Care Razor. I’ve never really enjoyed shaving. I think of it as one of those (debatably) necessary evils. Shaving is usually uncomfortable, and I inevitably I end up with niks and discomfort afterwards. Much to my husband’s distaste I forgo shaving my legs much of the winter, and I wear pants most of the time. Hey, if my legs aren’t visible to the public, then it doesn’t matter, right? Okay, I may be exaggerating, but shaving is not my idea of fun.

The Hydro Silk Sensitive Care Razor came along and I found myself almost looking forward to shaving. I’ve never had a razor that felt this nice while shaving. It doesn’t feel like shaving. I don’t feel any friction or irritation. The razor burn that I’ve felt in the past, with other razors, is gone. It’s a fairly quick process. I don’t have to go over and over the area to get a complete shave. 

Benefits of the Schick Hydro Silk Sensitive Care Razor
It’s gentle and easy to use.
It has a good shaped handle for easy grip.
It contains a hypoallergenic moisturizing serum.
5 curve-sensing blades
Refill blade packs are available
It comes with a neat suction wall hanger, which really does stay stuck to the wall of my shower.
 
Shaving tips for women
Wet your skin first and use shave gel or cream. I’ve been using Skintimate Moisturizing Shave Gel, and I think the Signature Scents Strawberry Tangerine Twist smells great. Using something that provides lubrication makes shaving go smooth, while decreasing razor burn and irritation.
After shaving underarms, wait at least 15 minutes before putting antiperspirant or deodorant on to decrease discomfort.

I definitely don’t recommend using razors made for men. Men’s and women’s razors are not the same. My husband buys large packs of disposable razors at Costco, and I’ve grabbed one of his unused ones from his stash in a pinch. Stick to using razors made for women, especially if you have sensitive skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment